Just for fun, test yourself on your knowledge of the Paris Opera Garnier...
1. The Paris Opera Garnier has 1900 seatsA. trueB. false
2. The crystal chandelier weighsA. 4 tonsB. 8 tonsC. 10 tons
3. The Opera Garnier is the...A. 1stB. 10thC. 13th...opera house in Paris
4. The Opera Garnier was constructed under which leaderA. Napoléon IIIB. Louis XIVC. Napoléon 1er
5. Charles Garnier, whose name is still attached to the building was the architect who won the contest to design the opera. He wasA. 55 years oldB. 40 years oldC. 35 years old
6. The French opera and ballet were founded in 1669 by Louis XIVA. TrueB. False
7. The Grand staircase is made ofA. alabasterB. several kinds of marbleC. granite
8. The Opera Garnier offers guided tours daily.A. TrueB. False
9. The other Opera in Paris is called the Opéra Bastille. In what year was it built?
10. The official name of the Paris O…